Friday 19 March 2021

Paul Kossoff 1950 - 1976 - 45 Years

These things are never easy to write, and with March now sealing the timelines of Andy Fraser, Paul Kossoff, and his father (my friend) David Kossoff, all within a week of each other, it's always going to be a bit of a sad start to the spring.

The fact that Paul has been gone for 45 years is astonishing. And when I consider how long I've been writing about him, his career, his music, and his continuing contribution to the sound of guitar players we hear today, well I guess it gives some comfort to know that he does have a great legacy. So today shouldn't be a low, it should be a celebration of all the great music he made over his recording lifetime, all available to us in whatever form you like best. So today, while I have a blast through 'I'm Ready' and other favourites, I hope you'll join me in celebrating the career of this fantastic guitar player... And don't forget to check out some of the film. 'Beat Club' material is easy to find on 'YouTube' and it always well worth viewing again.

We miss you Koss, but in some ways you never really left us. 

 

 

 

In other News FAS #155 is now moving through the system and I should have the magazines for packing and mailing by the end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment