Friday 28 May 2021

Back Street Crawler '2nd Street' - Album Of The Week - 45 Years On!

Okay, this is a bit left of field but thanks to Angus for sending me the link to this a few days ago. Sorry for the delay getting this up but I wanted to leave FAS #157 at the top of the blog for a few days.

Seems 'Classic Rock' magazine (on-line) have decided that Back Street Crawler's '2nd Street' is their album of the week, and have retrospectively reviewed it. I should perhaps point out it is now 45 years old!

Anyway, good enough for me, I always rated it highly. Some quite interesting comments, but take them all with a pinch of salt. It is after all only really your own opinion of the album that should matter to you. As for me personally, well this is one of my favourite records, by anyone, ever. The songs are great, the quality of the performances are excellent, the production is superb -  and while Kossoff was never fully committed to the album due to his own personal issues, his parts are generally well played and emotionally charged. I consider the record as a whole piece, not just something with Paul Kossoff on it. My opinion is that had he been in better shape, and fully engaged with this record, it would have been sensational. But that wasn't too be. All of course, just an opinion -  and you don't have to share it. Anyway, check out what 'Classic Rock' and others have to say here...

Back Street Crawler - Album Of The Week

If you don't have a copy of this you should try to find the Japanese release on HQCD (mini LP syle) from 2014 (shown here) as that is by far the best sounding version available, the remastering is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment