Thursday 16 March 2023

Andy Fraser - July 3, 1952 - March 16, 2015


Blimey... It only seems like a few weeks ago I was doing this, and yet another year has passed. March isn't a great month for FREE fans. It's hard to believe that Andy has been gone now for eight years! The way the days pass is frightening. The time flies by.
 
There's not much I can add that I've not said many times before. Superb bassist, helped write, and wrote, some great songs, and as when he died I thought he was back on the 'up', it was a very sad loss indeed. At 62, he was also way too young to leave us.
 
I thought 'This is The Big One', issued in 2010 I seem to recall, was great. Released quite a while before the 'On Assignment' album, I really liked it, and I rang Andy to congratulate him. I wasn't mad about 'Naked... And Finally Free', but this seemed like a bit of a return to form. It could have used a some guitar up in the mix, but I still think it's a great song.
 
So today, to celebrate the life of Andy here's the EPK (Electronic Press Kit) for the release of the song, explaining where his ideas for it came from. Also the song video he made for it, and the lyric sheet. I should just add that the mermaid shown in the video is Andy's daughter Hannah.
 
We miss you Andy
 
Official EPK for 'This Is The Big One'
 
'This Is The Big One' Official Video
 
'This Is The Big One' Official Lyric Card

No comments:

Post a Comment