Always nice to see Free mentioned, particularly when it's high profile. So, at Jack White's Chicago Radius show, on July 23rd, he brought out Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes and they performed 'I'm A Mover'. This can be found on the 'NME', 'Louder' and... the 'Rolling Stone' websites. Seeing it on 'RS' was a surprise. It's a wonder anyone there even knows who Free are! It's also on the usual 'Facebook', 'Instagram' etc. social media sites and of course 'YouTube'. Chris, of course, is a well known Free fan, and while I've never heard Jack White mention Free (not that I can remember anyway), I often wondered if he did know about them, as he's one of those guys with a good grasp and knowledge of 70s music.
Regradless of all that, seeing Free in the headlines in 2026, that's actually pretty awesome, and covering one of the more obscure songs - even better. Hopefully it'll get a few 'newbies' to check Free out for the first time. Always a good thing.
Thanks to John Shakeshaft for bring this to my attention.
Video by David James Swanson.